Thursday, July 9, 2009

the Summer Romper cont.

It's been several months since my last post. I haven't been dilly-dallying, but I've just been neglecting to blog. Shall we say I'm not the most diligent blogger.

Anyway, back to those rompers!

I have always been a fan of eBay as far as finding those specific vintage goodies; especially because thrift stores and whatnots in this area are very lacking to say the least. Not to mention I'm not as hardcore as I could be when it comes to thrifting. So thanks to the wonderful eBay the first to rompers I show you today found their way into my life and closet.

1.
So, this first find just tickled my fancy and I decided I had to own it. The yellow with the contrasting black and tie-dye nonetheless! Plus the magenta and purple accents. How 80s fantastic! I styled my outfit much in the same manner that the model did, but I can't help but wonder if I'd be able to pull it off much better if I were a bleach-blond.


2.
Again from eBay. The looseness of this one got me. Plus, I have to admit the model wearing this one is quite exquisitely styled not to mention tall and lean, which I am unfortunately not.


3.
Lastly, I've got this nice denim piece which happens to be one owned and worn by my very own mother. I remember she tried to make me wear it a few years ago, but I just wasn't feeling it then. But now I think it's something I'm willing to do.


So thus ends my quest to find a summer romper. I'm not sure if any of these are quite summery enough to count as a "summer romper," but in any case I'm done with the rompers I've moved onto other vintage must haves. However, that's for another post, another time.

No comments: