Friday, September 23, 2011

Dear Scene Girl,

Dear Scene Girl on the Orange Line to Vienna around 3pm last Wednesday,

I was napping on the train when you got on, but when you sat in front of me I noticed immediately.

I think scenesters are reasonably gutsy for exercising their freedom of expression to their utmost, and I applaud you for that. But you playing your music obnoxiously loud that it assaults innocent bystanders is fucking unacceptable.

I'll be honest. I have no clue what scene you're a part of, but making me listen to the bass line and those rapped lyrics that became indecipherable as they reverberate through your skull is not helping me warm up to it. Whatever it is.

When I woke up from my nap to your ridiculously loud music leaking from your earbuds I thought you were Asian as your hair was that particular shade of brown the Asian girls go for. I thought maybe you were Indian with a killer straight perm, but it turns out you're just white. Anyway, nice hair. And your leather jacket was cool, I guess.

And, gawd, please use less perfume. A lot of things are still good in moderation.

Turn down the volume.

Use less perfume.

Thanks,
Girls who sat behind you on the Orange Line train to Vienna 3pm-ish last Wednesday.

No comments: