Thursday, August 16, 2012

16. 20120816: gears

These gears that grind inside my head
keep me from slumber, restful peace,
and bring fears to mind as I lie in bed.

Their sinister and dexterous turns shred
my brain, which bleeds blood red to grease
these gears that grind inside my head.

And when exhaustion claims me instead
they spin dreams with nightmarish caprice
and bring fears to mind as I cry in bed.

But no gross amount of tears I shed
saves me from - gives no sweet release -
these gears that grind inside my head.

"Will they stop once I'm dead?"
I wonder as their speeds increase
and bring fears to mind as I lie in bed.

So I slice from ear to ear and dread
to find that they will not cease,
these gears that grind inside my head,
and bring fears to mind as I die in bed.

To the list of other pieces inspired by random words.

No comments: