Sunday, November 8, 2009

Coffee & Apples



I've been drinking too much coffee and eating too many apples recently.

I haven't been much of a coffee drinker in the past, but there is indeed an addictive quality to a hot cup of freshly brewed coffee in the morning... It's probably the caffeine.

A couple weeks ago my folks picked up a bushel of apples from some orchard in the Shenandoah Valley off of 29. Mind you, a bushel is equivalent to an ass ton as far as apples are concerned. I hadn't had an apple in years because I'm mildly allergic to most raw tree fruit, but I had a peach this past summer and I didn't die so I thought I'd give an apple a go.

Surprisingly, I didn't die so I'm back on apples.

I am quickly tiring of the apples. The first week I had up to six apples a day. It was the novelty of the danged fruit. I mean, I hadn't had the opportunity to actually enjoy an apple in 10 or so years, so I guess it was to be expected.

I haven't had any coffee today nor did I exercise, but that's a whole 'nother story.

Maybe I'll brew myself a cup.

No comments: